The law on pensions is changing and it will affect your organisation.
The new law requires all employers with at least one worker to automatically enrol certain members of their workforce into a pension scheme and to make contributions to it. The law comes into force for employers between 2012 and 2016.
- Automatically enrol eligible jobholders into a qualifying pension scheme
- Make contributions on behalf of their workers
- Register with The Pensions regulator
- Communicate certain information to their workers
- Fully comply with the pension law to avoid fines and prosecution.
Where to find the information you need
We have published a range of online guidance on the new employer duties and how to comply with them that will help you to help your clients. This guidance includes:
- A basic introduction setting out the changes: An introduction to work-based pension charges
- A summary of new employer duties for professionals: Workplace pensions law is changing
- A table to find the date(s) that the new law applies to your client(s): Staging date lookup.